Office of Victim Services
About our Office of Victim Services
- Becoming a victim of a crime can happen to anyone and students, active in all facets of community life, are no exception. Faced with a host of critical issues, decisions and problems that can arise if one becomes a victim, life as usual - attending classes, going to work, studying, socializing - becomes anything BUT usual.
- The specially tailored Office of Victim Services is available for our students no matter where a crime occurs on or off campus, or whether the student elects to file an official police report or not.
What our Certified victim assistance specialists do:
- Address the immediate and long-term questions and issues (What are my options? What happens if I...? How can I?),
- Handle the non-counseling fallout from the crime (ex., missed classes or work, room change, course disruptions, safety planning and concerns)
- Attend to ongoing distractions or interruptions (involvement in any judicial processes/appearances)
- Work to resolve any matters or concerns that arise related to the crime and its impact on the college experience.
Our Services are provided within a framework that is attentive, sensitive and knowledgeable so that no matter where our students live, work and socialize, if there is ever a need, there is a wealth of assistance through the Office of Victim Services.
The only phone number for OVS is 843.953.2273.
Please reserve calling after business hours for victimizations that occurred within the past 120 hours/five days. Thank you.