Office of Victim Services
Please join us
8th Annual No Violence – No Victims Candlelight Vigil
Tuesday, September 29th
The Office of Victim Services along with the Student Affairs Task Force ask that you join us as we stand in solidarity and support for Mother Emanuel AME Church and the victims along with all whose lives are forever changed by senseless violence.
Our hope is that this year’s No Violence – No Victims Candlelight Vigil will be embraced as our opportunity to engage in a meaningful experience by honoring the victims while also reflecting on the wonder of the human race.
Our very own student leaders of BSU, SGA, and Student Ambassadors along with Mr. Floyd Breeland, Director of the “Call Me Mr. Program”, will deliver an impactful message. Attendees will be serenaded by the Trippintones and the College of Charleston Choir “Divine Purpose”.
There will also be a pre – vigil event: Moments of Reflection
The History of the Charleston A.M.E. Church and the Emmanuel 12
Tuesday, September 29th @ 6pm in Admissions Office Auditorium
About our Office of Victim Services
- Becoming a victim of a crime can happen to anyone and students, active in all facets of community life, are no exception. Faced with a host of critical issues, decisions and problems that can arise if one becomes a victim, life as usual - attending classes, going to work, studying, socializing - becomes anything BUT usual.
- The specially tailored Office of Victim Services is available for our students no matter where a crime occurs on or off campus, or whether the student elects to file an official police report or not.
What our Certified victim assistance specialists do:
- Address the immediate and long-term questions and issues (What are my options? What happens if I...? How can I?),
- Handle the non-counseling fallout from the crime (ex., missed classes or work, room change, course disruptions, safety planning and concerns)
- Attend to ongoing distractions or interruptions (involvement in any judicial processes/appearances)
- Work to resolve any matters or concerns that arise related to the crime and its impact on the college experience.
Our Services are provided within a framework that is attentive, sensitive and knowledgeable so that no matter where our students live, work and socialize, if there is ever a need, there is a wealth of assistance through the Office of Victim Services.
S.C.O.P.E.'s Fall Events for Educational Awareness
Sept 2 @ 11am - 1pm Geroge Street Campus Safety Awareness Kick-Off Bash
Sept 3rd @ 5:30pm RSS 248 Breaking the Silence
Sept 24th @ 11 - 2pm Stern Gardens Hot Tips Carnival *Great Prizes*
Sept 29 @ 6:45pm Cistern Yard NV Day "No Violence, No victims Candlelight Vigil"
Oct 1st @ 5:30pm RXX 235 S.C.O.P.E. SafeZone LGBTQ Collaboration
Oct 15th @ 5:30pm Stern 201 Booware of Boogie Monster Halloween Mixer
Oct 22nd @ 5:30pm RSS 248 SCOPE & Public Safety "What you would do VS What you should do"
Nov 5th @ 5:30pm - Maybank 101 Campus Safety Trivia NIght
Nov 19th @ 5:30pm - Stern 201 "In's Your Place" Pledge Night. Bystander Intervention