Office of Victim Services
The 8th Annual "No Violence – No Victims" Candlelight Vigil in September, 2015 was well attended.
Some of the attendees are pictured below. More Photos.
About our Office of Victim Services
- Becoming a victim of a crime can happen to anyone and students, active in all facets of community life, are no exception. Faced with a host of critical issues, decisions and problems that can arise if one becomes a victim, life as usual - attending classes, going to work, studying, socializing - becomes anything BUT usual.
- The specially tailored Office of Victim Services is available for our students no matter where a crime occurs on or off campus, or whether the student elects to file an official police report or not.
What our Certified victim assistance specialists do:
- Address the immediate and long-term questions and issues (What are my options? What happens if I...? How can I?),
- Handle the non-counseling fallout from the crime (ex., missed classes or work, room change, course disruptions, safety planning and concerns)
- Attend to ongoing distractions or interruptions (involvement in any judicial processes/appearances)
- Work to resolve any matters or concerns that arise related to the crime and its impact on the college experience.
Our Services are provided within a framework that is attentive, sensitive and knowledgeable so that no matter where our students live, work and socialize, if there is ever a need, there is a wealth of assistance through the Office of Victim Services.